That was really helpful, I'll look into a similar approach and I'll try to
apply these suggestions to other designs I'll have to implement.

I see that the problem is definitely my way of thinking about the project
structure/architecture (which is no surprise given I have a C++ background). I
guess I'll study a bit more how to avoid "bad OOP" and reason in a "cleaner"
way (i.e. like the "prefer composition over inheritance" I read everywhere  ).
If you happen to have any specific blog post/book/article worth mentioning,
that would be amazing. But I'll find stuff myself.

I hope I can come back to this thread if I have other questions or I need more
advice/help in the future.