This may be obvious, but has anyone else tried changing `-fno-strict-aliasing`
to `-fstrict-aliasing -Wstrict-aliasing` in their `nim.cfg` and seeing if any
gcc warnings arise? When I try this on Linux with gcc-6.3 and gcc-7.2 and devel
nim I don't see any warnings at all. You may also need to turn off the `-w`
general gcc warning suppression, too (maybe in the system level nim.cfg as well
as $HOME one) and double check with `nim c --verbosity:2` that the compiler is
getting invoked as you think it should. I tried a few different garbage
collector impls and a variety of small Nim programs. It's hardly exhaustive and
I'm not sure that this particular gcc warning has a 0% false-negative rate
(does someone know?). We may be so close to this to be almost already there.