Asking in the forum is not an issue, but what miran said is that he feels like
you might be trying to solve your issue at a low level while we could solve the
actual bigger problem. (correct me if I'm wrong @miran).

1\. Auto and Any type for input params are usually not needed, using a generic
T is recommended instead. That also makes documentation much more clear.

2\. Proc resolve their type at compile-time, there is no runtime types for
proc, you need to use methods for that.

Instead you can use what @demotomohiro proposed or :

    proc foo[T](a: T) =
      when a is int: doInt()
      elif float: doFloat()
      else: doElse()

    Run

3\. For runtime types and containers of heterogeneous types (which is the
bigger problem) we actually covered it in your other thread ["Is there an
untyped list"](https://forum.nim-lang.org/t/4233).