I use MinGW with nim on windows all the time. I have never heard of winpty or
MSYS2. To get rid of the console for a windows app from nim we just pass
\--app:gui not sure what you need to do in C++ to do that.

I manage to get some of OpenWL working on Mac with the help of @shashlick's
modified script (here:
[https://gist.github.com/treeform/47865e7d06694fc224f0c492cdee41d3](https://gist.github.com/treeform/47865e7d06694fc224f0c492cdee41d3)
 )

    import openwl

    echo wl_GetPlatform()

    proc eventLoop(window: wlWindow; event: ptr WLEvent; userData: pointer):
cint {.cdecl.} =
      echo "here"

    var opts = WLPlatformOptions()
    discard wl_Init(eventLoop, addr opts)

    var props = WLWindowProperties()
    props.usedFields = ord(WLWindowProp_MinWidth) or
ord(WLWindowProp_MinHeight) or ord(WLWindowProp_MaxWidth) or
ord(WLWindowProp_MaxHeight)
    props.minWidth = 300
    props.minHeight = 200
    props.maxWidth = 1600
    props.maxHeight = 900

    let
      width = 800
      height = 600

    var mainWindow = wl_WindowCreate(cint width, cint height, "hello there,
cross-platform friend āǢʥϢ۩ใ ♥☺☼", nil, addr props)

    wl_WindowShow(mainWindow) # <-- segfaults

    discard wl_Runloop()

    Run

I am getting SIGSEGV when trying to show the window. Is there anything extra I
need to do to the window to make it showable? Like add a menu or do any of the
things in platformInit? Do you have a super minimal openWL example?