So here's a minimal Mac example, current as of right now:

[https://gist.github.com/dewf/d1de81fb9bbc7f1cd82d389f94f0e7e2](https://gist.github.com/dewf/d1de81fb9bbc7f1cd82d389f94f0e7e2)

Bad news, though - I just pushed a [mass API
rename](https://github.com/dewf/openwl/commit/9e7fb334124e9667d99489ba33eece5e0dbd9a8e)
 on OpenWL this morning. The example you're showing above is a mixture of old
and new naming convention, so perhaps that has something to do with the
segfaults? (Sorry, it needed to be done, and sooner than later! Now it's
consistent with OpenDL naming, and I'm much happier with it)

By the way, how are you linking / running this? Mac is a bit weird because
(AFAIK) the GUI executables need to sit in a bundle with a .plist that
describes the app a bit, otherwise it won't work quite right. So what I usually
end up doing is building a dummy desktop Cocoa app in Xcode, and then using the
app bundle it creates as a skeleton.

And then there's the misery of getting .dylibs properly found by executables...
but since you're getting this far (crashing on wl_WindowShow) then I guess
you're past all that.