I think this is not a nistnet problem, but rather just tcpdump
incompatiblity with nistnet. Unless you can show the problem with a
tcpdump on one of the end points of the communication, or an intermediate
router which isn't the nistnet box, I don't believe you have a problem.

W/o nistnet, packet flow is from interface A to interfaceB's outbound
queue. It wouldn't surprise me that tcpdump is capturing the packet when
it is placed in the queue before nistnet intercepts it for the delay and
then a 2nd time after the delay.