Curt Lundgren wrote:
> The sense of the group, based on the comments in the last day or so,
> is that it's a Linux-only group.  The presentation I have been
> preparing talks about systems out there in commercial & residential
> use, most of which are not based on Linux machines.  I do use a Linux-
> based home automation system, but based on my experience, I don't
> recommend it.
>
> I use Linux whenever possible for servers but not for my desktop, at
> least not since OS 10.2 came out, and the fact I would be making a
> presentation using my Mac has some upset.
>
> Given the circumstances, I'm seeing that while there was much interest
> expressed at the October meeting, making a presentation on home
> automation is not appropriate.  The high end systems I'm familiar with
> don't involve Linux, and all of them must be programmed using tools
> that run in Windows.  One system uses Linux as its OS, but again, you
> have to program it using Windows.  The comments in the past couple of
> days suggest that the presentation is not in tune with the aims of
> NLUG.
>
> Curt

Curt,

I have been a member of NLUG since 1997.

I first used 'nix in 1985.

I consider the protests to be bush-wah, a term I can't remember ever
using before.  It is G-rated however.

You offered.  We accepted.  If someone doesn't like it, he does not have
to attend.

There's purist; then there is downright silly.

I hope you will reconsider and make your presentation as planned.