On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Perkins, Jerry<je...@jperkins.us> wrote:

>   I have a number Linksys WRT54Gs router / WiFi units.
>   Would like to turn off the DHCP, hence turning these boxes into a
> switch / access point for the network.   From what I understand you can
> not do that with the standard firmware , but it is possible with Tomato.
>   Am I on the right track?

All you do is disable DHCP.  As far as I know, you can still do that.
I *know* you
can do that on WRT54G and WRT54GL, the GS might be different, but I wouldn't
think so.

If you want them just as a switch, don't use the port labeled WAN obviously.

However, loading tomato or such does give you a bit more options as far
as configuration goes, and might be worth the effort anyways.

-jonathan