Do you have any applications such as news, sport scores, or stock reports that 
might be receiving "pushed" updates?

Alternatively, maybe someone has come up with an iPhone botnet. :)

-- 
John F. Eldredge -- [email protected]
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to 
think at all." -- Hypatia of Alexandria

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Farnsworth <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 13:59:05 
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: [nlug] Re: Strange data transfers from iPhone

I'm on an unlimited plan (Required for iPhone contract) so it doesn't matter
to my pocket book.  I was checking my txt message use (went up from 20 to
650 in one month) and noticed my data use was there as well.  Was fascinated
by the fact that it seems to do large transfers of data (large in my mind
anyway) and was wondering why I had several transfers in the early hours
when I was not on the phone.  Not just the one transfer.  Also, those
updates to the phone and firmware etc generally come through iTunes and your
normal internet connection rather than the Cell link.

Andy

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Wayne Fay <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> > which says that 24 Mb of data were transferred at 2:40 AM
> > on a Tuesday.  Now, it is possible it was me, but I don't think so.
>
> I don't have an iPhone. Is this perhaps a firmware update, or
> something similar which automatically downloads without you even being
> aware of it?
>
> Since you're watching your data usage, I guess you're not on an
> unlimited data plan -- or do you just monitor your usage for fun?
>
> Wayne
>
> >
>




--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to