Dave Manginelli wrote:
I'm considering dumping QuickBooks for open source accounting software
again, like I've done every year for the past 10.  I know
SQLLedger/SMBLedger used to be the favorite but I never warmed up to the
web-based user interface.  (Web-based isn't inherently bad, but
SQLLedger's looked cumbersome to me.)

Anyway, January is more than half-way over and if I'm gonna change I
need to do it soon.

Any suggestions?  (Howard, were you pushing XTuple's Postbooks?)

Thanks.
Yes David, I have implemented Postbooks for one organization I manage. I've been trying to get a second implementation going for another and have had really strange results. I've also looked at a package called OpenBravo but, man, is that ever thick! Not targeted to a business person who wants to load and go.

Like Kevin Eldridge reports, I may put my second implementation on GnuCash. I don't need anything more elaborate than that.

Howard