Kevin Marker wrote:
I am looking at getting my CCNA and was wondering if anyone had an old router or switch they would like to sell. I would like to be able to practice on some phsical hardware. I have installed GNS3 but don't really have a Cisco IOS to load. It may be best to just bid on ebay, but I thought I would ask the group first. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin Marker

The bigger challenge to acquiring Cisco stuff is the licensing issue. Granted, your practice machine isn't going to draw Mr. Chamber's legal team attention. Keep in mind that Cisco is very aggressive about its licensing, is very proud of their work and unashamed of charging any and all for their efforts.

This is particularly true of Cisco IP phones purchased from ebay or wherever. That just makes a third good reason not to use Cisco IP phones...

Howard