On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 08:39, Ankit A <triple.dic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a newbie to Linux and currently using Fedora 10. I used to work on WAMP
> for php/mysql applications on windows. Can anyone give me idea on how to
> setup a similar server on Linux ? I guess XAMPP will workout but how to do
> that and is there any other alternative ?
>
> Also, somebody told me that setting up a Mail (SMTP) server on Linux is much
> more easy than on windows. Can anyone give me idea how to do that ?
>
> just give the links and hints to me I'll read or search for the same.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
> Ankit A
> --
> Giving away Free Domain and Hosting to share your knowledge. UNIX,
> Programming, Web, Hacks and Computers. - http://bit.ly/bcvCtm

There are ready made distros for LAMPS. You can just pick the parts
you need php,perl, etc and build from the ground up.

As far as mail. I use Fetchmail, Procmail, Mutt, Msmtp, Abook and
When. The biggest challenges are teh .procmailrc and the .muttrc.

If there is a question to the validity of this email please phone for
validation. Proudly presented by Mutt, GNUPG, Vi/m and GNU/Linux via
CopyLeft. GNU/Linux is about Freedom to compute as you want and need
to, and share your work unencumbered and have others do the same with
you. Key :  0xD53A8E1