You may want to consider some Asterisk distro, like Trixbox, where most
stuff is already built for you and you just have to install it on bare metal
and fire up a web browser.  There are several versions of Trixbox, including
a paid-for supported version (although I use the free version of Trixbox and
it has worked very well for me.)

Alternatively, you may want to consider a pre-built Asterisk appliance of
some sort.  Many of these are available and I don't know too much about the
different models and companies, but it is a pre-built product with a phone
number you can call for help :)

Chris