On 06/21/2010 09:50 PM, Kevin Eldridge wrote:
This would even make a good presentation for
an NLUG meeting.

OK, I think I've got the basic content worked out (subject to suggestions) and I think it can be covered briefly enough to be a topic at a meeting.

Plus, the ability to add their own real world experience.

Speaking of that... I should warn those who plan to attend this presentation that I expect there to be several opportunities for them to give more detailed examples to augment what I've come up with. :-)

I think that's important because examples of some unusual things you can do with Linux (e.g. partitioning, mounting of external drives, LVM etc.) will hopefully help inspire the new Linux user to try something that they couldn't do in Windows.

JMJ