On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Don Delp <nesma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm in the middle of two things right now, but you might look into
> having wget use your cookie file from your browser after you've logged
> in.  It's possible that it isn't keeping your session for some reason,
> but that static cookie might work.
>
> Also, when you say "secure" do you mean only user/password or are you
> also  having trouble with https?

Don,
  I have already tried using the cookie file from the browser and it didn't
work.  I am talking about user/password, not https / ssl.  I get the warning
from wget about not being able to verify the certificate, but I use the flag
"--no-check-certificate" to ignore that error and it works fine.

According to the wget docs, I should use the --save-cookies="cookieFile.txt"
flag can call the login URL and then use the --load-cookies="cookieFile.txt"
flag and call the main URL to crawl.  That is where it just returns the "you
need to login" page.

Andy