On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Chris McQuistion
<cmcquist...@watkins.edu> wrote:
> No idea on the quality, but the price is right ($3 with free shipping)
>
> http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/41811/network-cable-tester-rj11-rj12-rj45-ns468

I have what's likely an older model of that - bought over 10 years
ago.  It will tell you if the wires are connected in the proper order,
but it's possible your cable won't work due to interference or other
such issues.  A tester to determine that was a few hundred dollars
when I last looked.

That said, I've never had a cable not work at 100MHz or GHz speed that
I made myself, and I custom make all networking cables that I use
here.

Michael
--
Michael Darrin Chaney, Sr.