I was in the Children's Hospital garage on 12/31.  There were (and have
been for a couple of months) covers over something at the entry that could
be a new parking system.  I have not heard any further news on charging for
parking in the medical center garages.  I can go by closer to the meeting
date and see if there are new mechanized tormentors (I've seen Veggie Tales
recently) at the garage entrances.

University parking enforcement used to leave at 5 pm (and unless you were
presenting a hazard then you didn't have to worry).  I know that parking
meter spots are patrolled until after 7 pm.  I am not sure if they monitor
university zone parking after 5 pm or not...  The university lot on the
other side of the Central library is very tempting (but do not know if it
is enforced).

It is probably (?)  a slightly longer walk, but even during the day,
the *Cathedral
spaces* in the Terrace Place garage (between 20th and 21st) are generally
not patrolled / enforced.  I've parked there many times when I needed to
visit offices in that area, and have never (knock on wood) been ticketed
yet.  The Cathedral spaces are in the entrance closest to Baker building.
 Google street view:  http://goo.gl/9CL17N  (NOTE:  Do NOT park in the pay
spaces on the first level, without paying of course...  This would very
likely to ensure a Vanderbilt parking ticket.  Nor go in the entrance
closest to the Cathedral, those are University parking places and you would
have to go all the way to the top and back down to get to Cathedral
parking; likely easier to turn around if you enter this entrance by
mistake.)

Note:  Never, ever, park in a reserved or A parking space at Vanderbilt.
 This will get you ticketed and possibly towed!

Note 2:  University parking and Medical Center parking are two different
things.  Medical center parking, last I heard, was Central Parking
employees.  University parking is Vanderbilt employees.

Thoughts?

Paul