I've talked with someone more "in the know" about the hospital parking.  He
said, at least for the time being, parking at the hospital will remain
free.  There was a lot of unhappiness among patients, etc. so they have put
the plans on hold.  This could change in the future.  So at least for time
being, things will continue as they have.

Paul.