On 01/03/2014 02:59 PM, Howard White wrote:
On 01/03/2014 02:50 PM, Sabuj Pattanayek wrote:
ok, that's it! This is what I get :

% curl "http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=os";
http://mirror.cs.vt.edu/pub/CentOS/6.5/os/i386/
http://mirrors.cmich.edu/centos/6.5/os/i386/
ftp://mirror.nandomedia.com/pub/CentOS/6.5/os/i386/
http://mirror.millry.co/CentOS/6.5/os/i386/
http://mirrors.adams.net/centos/6.5/os/i386/
http://centos.corenetworks.net/6.5/os/i386/
http://centos-mirror.jchost.net/6.5/os/i386/
http://mirror.es.its.nyu.edu/centos/6.5/os/i386/
http://mirrors.rit.edu/centos/6.5/os/i386/
http://mirror.metrocast.net/centos/6.5/os/i386/

% host mirrorlist.centos.org <http://mirrorlist.centos.org>
mirrorlist.centos.org <http://mirrorlist.centos.org> has address
72.232.223.58
mirrorlist.centos.org <http://mirrorlist.centos.org> has address
204.15.73.243
mirrorlist.centos.org <http://mirrorlist.centos.org> has address
64.235.47.134
mirrorlist.centos.org <http://mirrorlist.centos.org> has address
69.30.193.218
mirrorlist.centos.org <http://mirrorlist.centos.org> has IPv6 address
2a02:2498:1:3d:5054:ff:fed3:e91a

I'm using google DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 .

I'm getting lost here as to how to apply what we've learned to my
situation.

I changed my /etc/resolv.conf to point to the Google DNS as above.

I just tried to run the first curl and it's looping just like the yum
commands before.

Please forgive my misunderstanding how these pieces fit together.

Howard

Now I'm even more confused! If I wget the mirrorlist, it comes through just fine. The above "host" command resolves as it should.

Howard

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NLUG" group.