On 01/03/2014 04:28 PM, Wesley Duffee-Braun wrote:
Hi Howard,

I'm pretty confused too on what has been done and not done.

However, going off the errors above (the "Cannot retrieve repository
metadata") I did find this article
https://access.redhat.com/site/solutions/39598 (sorry for being behind
regwall, free registration though) - one of its suggestions is to (a)
disable all 3rd party/custom repo's then (b) run 'yum clean all' and
then (c) enable the previously disabled repo's one by one. I think we
have attempted (a) and (c) but I'm not sure we have tried step (b) in
between.

  - Wesley

We have sir, and I do appreciate your staying in touch with this thread. I have written a script to go through and rebuild the rpm database and then clean all which I have run after every failed attempt.

So here is an update. I have started over on this VM guest. We use PXEboot and kickstart to build our configs so it's not _that_ big a deal. I'm real concerned that our standard DNS (internal, OpenDNS and 4.2.2.2) doesn't give consistent results as opposed to Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. That I may test every step of the way with the curl command that Sabuj posted gives me something to work with. I'm also reviewing our requirements list to reduce the number of repos involved.

Maybe we can do an "Asleep at the Prompt" discussion January 14???

Howard

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NLUG" group.