On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 5:09 PM, John F. Eldredge <j...@jfeldredge.com>
wrote:

> I once rebooted a Unix server by bumping the protruding reset button with
> my knee. The next day, I glued some strips of wood around the button so
> that it was now recessed.

One company I worked for had an off-site HP server. It was our development
machine as well as for media conversions - transferring data from one tape
format to another. The eject button on this one tape drive was kind of
inset in the drive itself and the same color as the surrounding plastic.
The server's power button was directly below that tape drive. The molded
symbol on the power button was virtually invisible.

One day the system just goes down. Comes back up. 30 seconds later it goes
down again. This repeated 3 or 4 times. You guessed it - some poor operator
was "ejecting" their tape with the power button.

IT put a big red label next to the power button after that.

--
Robert Wohlfarth