Hello NLUG,
I found on the cPanel that standard email security features involving spf
and DKIM were disabled, so I enabled them; that helped matters somewhat.
I've gotten a few notifications that 'someone' is logging into our cpanel.
One of those cPanel logins at 3am July 30th was supposedly the IP address
of Comcast's "security" desk out of Murfreesboro with all their contact
info.

The company hosting our dedicated server is Hostgator out of Houston.  When
I contacted support 3 weeks ago regarding our blacklist and security
issues, I was told that being a dedicated server, everything is on us.
Asking further, I was.given suggestions of Sitelock, ClamAV, and Codeguard.
Jjust paid $60 for one year's worth of Sitelock protection.  Hostgator
(when asked) installed and (when asked again) supposedly ran a ClamAV scan
for us, which supposedly took 2+ days to complete, which was a week ago;
haven't heard anything regarding scan results.  Checking into CodeGuard,
looks like a useful site back up and restore service.

Am I to believe that Sitelock and Codeguard will get the job done as far as
security and recovery?  Or should I be looking to go from dedicated server
at about $250/mo to managed dedicated server at $600+ / month?

What say those more knowledgeable than I?  I'm thankful to get to ask these
questions here.

 MichaelL