I second Tilghman - lowendbox.com is a useful referral site. I found
WootHosting there and have two inexpensive VPS hosts from them. Their tech
support is quick, but I would be hesitant to wholeheartedly recommend
WootHosting because of performance issues, likely resulting from
overselling a physical host. That being said, for around $25 a year, you
can get a server to test and play with. It might make a nice failover or
test-bed site.

Gibson Prichard
Nashville, TN
gib...@prichard.tv