I don’t think of Linux software RAID as the same as LVM but yes I would prefer
Linux software RAID over hardware RAID because the performance is very good and
the array is portable. I had a hardware RAID card die on me, many years ago,
and it made me realize that I was dependent on that single piece of hardware
that the manufacturer (Adaptec) had long since discontinued.

Sent from my iPhone