So this seems really weird. It appears that after using Brave browser for a
while in Linux, the mouse will stop registering any click, not only in
Brave but usually everything. Sometimes the pointer disappears, but not
always. Timing can range from immediately after starting Brave to roughly
30 minutes later. I can't identify anything in common triggering it.
(Though Gnome's Activities click [tiling of windows] appears to definitely
cause it.)

There are a few reports of similar to Brave, but all I've seen just say the
issue was closed because there were no additional comments after 30 days...

A year or so ago I had disabled hardware acceleration because the browser
would just freeze on occasion. I just verified it is still off. I'm not
sure of any other setting could effect the mouse?

It doesn't seem to happen if I am not using Brave browser.

It just started happening after a recent update. I can force reinstall of a
previous version... (Of course I'm sure it was probably updated for
security reasons...)

Any thoughts?

---Paul.