Maybe if you are an operator at the secret uranium enrichment plant in
Nathanz Iran and you want an air gap for fortification, then you don't want
networking (even in that case the Stuxnet / Olympic Games will jump the air
gap, but that's another story). In any other case you want networking. I'm
all for security by default, but I think in this case the default off is
silly.