If I forward to my iCloud account, it works.
If I forward to my Proton account wHat I get is an empty message with
an attachment; the attachment consisting of a string of
numb...@eddie.fios-router data 8 KB

I have stumbled upon the fact that if I use MH-E within emacs I can
forward in-line instead of as an attachment and that works.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to find how to use nmh to forward in-line.

Finally, using dist to send to the iCloud account works. Using dist to
send to Proton fails with:

Rejected due to unmatching envelope and header sender.

Thanks,

Arthur