Leonid Gibiansky, Ph.D.
President, QuantPharm LLC
web:    www.quantpharm.com
e-mail: LGibiansky at quantpharm.com
tel:    (301) 767 5566

Paul Hutson wrote:
Has anyone suggestions on how best to code for data that presents maternal plasma and multiple amniotic fluid concentrations? In addition to multiple other data points of plasma from various doses and routes for this tox study, I have simultaneous concentration data from 3 mouse dams (plasma) and samples from the amniotic fluid of three of each of their embryos.

Modeling each embryo as another compartment, especially with only the one concentration, is cumbersome and obviously doesn't converge. Should the different embryonic AF concentrations be modeled as 'repeated' samples at this same time point of a specific (AF) compartment, and the differences between them modeling as interoccassion or as an intrasubject variability (ERR)? The latter approach is the one I have taken, but I seek other suggestions as well.
Thank you in advance!

--

Paul R. Hutson, Pharm.D.

Associate Professor