zidovudine in rats. Journal of Pharmaceutical Science 1996; 85: 965-970.
Samtani MN, Pyszczynski NA, Dubois DC, Almon RR, Jusko WJ. Modeling
glucocorticoid-mediated fetal lung maturation: I. Temporal patterns of
corticosteroids in rat pregnancy. JPET. 2006 ;317:117-26.

Warm regards...MNS

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Paul Hutson
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:54 PM
To: NMUSERS@GLOBOMAXNM.COM
Subject: [NMusers] Multiple amniotic fluid samples

Has anyone suggestions on how best to code for data that presents maternal
plasma and multiple amniotic fluid concentrations?  In addition to multiple
other data points of plasma from various doses and routes for this tox study, I
 have simultaneous  concentration data from 3 mouse dams (plasma) and samples
from the amniotic fluid of three of each of their embryos.

Modeling each embryo as another compartment, especially with only the one
concentration, is cumbersome and obviously doesn't converge.
Should the different embryonic AF concentrations be modeled as 'repeated'
samples at this same time point of a specific (AF) compartment, and the
differences between them  modeling as  interoccassion or as an intrasubject
variability (ERR)?  The latter approach is the one I have taken, but I seek
other suggestions as well.
Thank you in advance!

--

Paul R. Hutson, Pharm.D.