Hello all

I work with small number of pediatric inpatients with few samples from each
patient of various age and weights.

I am a novice in using NONMEM.

I would appreciate advice on fitting the data using various dose inputs -
should we normalize
the dose and other parameters by weights ? Since the range is large
in my datasets, the variability could be quite large without using /kg
dosing.

Example
24 patients with different age and size (paediatrics) on Cyclosporin IV
infusion over 2 hours
with 5 levels taken at similar times post 1st (and only dose). Although
dose at 1.5mg/kg,
the actual amount of dose given for each patient varies. Looking at the raw
data and log conc vs time graphs,
it appeared 2-compartment would be suitable. However, Volume of
distributions and clearances
varies with units without normalization to body weight (kg) or body size
(BSA).

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thank You!

Winnie

Winnie Seto, BScPhm, PharmD, MSc, ACPR, R.Ph.
Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Coordinator &
Critical Care Unit Pharmacist
The Hospital for Sick Children
555 University Avenue
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M5G 1X8
phone: 416-813-6236
fax: 416-813-5880

This is a medical communication. This e-mail message is for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential
author by reply email and destroy all original and copies of this email
message.