From: owner-nmus...@globomaxnm.com [mailto:owner-nmus...@globomaxnm.com] On
Behalf Of Kevin Dykstra
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 11:59 AM
To: yu...@pitt.edu; 'nm nm'
Subject: RE: [NMusers] [Fwd: occasions during pregnancy]

Paul,
You might try plotting your etas 6-9 vs. trimester (coded at four levels) to
ensure that the IOV is truly random by occasion, as your model assumes.
Obviously, it is not unheard of that the IOV should be much larger than IIV,
but I wouldn't start with that assumption. Usually there is at least some
correlation within an individual. Good luck.
Kevin

Kevin Dykstra, PhD, FCP

+1 978.655.1943 (O)
+1 978.289.2987 (M)