From: owner-nmus...@globomaxnm.com [owner-nmus...@globomaxnm.com] On Behalf Of
yu...@pitt.edu [yu...@pitt.edu]
Sent: 01 March 2011 15:52
To: nm nm
Subject: [NMusers] [Fwd: occasions during pregnancy]

Subject: occasions during pregnancy
From:    yu...@pitt.edu
Date:    Tue, March 1, 2011 10:49 am
To:      "nm nm" <nmus...@blobomaxnm.com>

Hi all nmusers,

I thank all who responded my questions yesterday. Almost all the responses
suggested that several occasions of one patient should be put under one ID
#. I re-code my control stream and adjusted the data file as following:

$PK
     K12   = THETA(1)*EXP(ETA(1))
     CL= THETA(2)*EXP(ETA(2)+ETA(6)*TRI1+ETA(7)*TRI2+ETA(8)*TRI3+ETA(9)*TRI4)
$OMEGA
.8;
.1 .8;
.1 .1 .8;
.1 .1 .1 .8;
.1 .1 .1 .1 .8;
$OMEGA BLOCK(1) 0.9;
$OMEGA BLOCK(1) SAME;
$OMEGA BLOCK(1) SAME;
$OMEGA BLOCK(1) SAME;

where TRI1,TRI2,TRI3, and TRI4 are different stages of pregnancy.

This model fits poorly for the data (from the plot of PRED, IPRED VS. DV),
although the estimates are stable and reasonable.

If I treat the different occasions as different patients, ignoring the
correlation within the same patients, then the model fits quite well and
the results are reasonable.

I also noticed one note from Lewis Sheiner:

Note that, as happens more often, at least with human data, than one might
have thought, the IOV>IIV, then treating each occaasion as though it were
a distinct individual is a reasonable approximation.

--------------Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 13:57:18 -0800
From: Lewis Sheiner <le...@c255.ucsf.edu>
Subject: Re: repeating cases---------

The parameters during pregnancy change quite large, so I am not sure if it
is a reasonalble approximation to treat occasions as distinct individual,
or I have to search the better models of putting those occasions under one
ID? and what is the direction to improve the model?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Paul

School of Pharmacy
University of Pittsburgh
716 Salk Hall
3501 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-8546
E-mail: yu...@pitt.edu

Yuanyue (Paul) Gao

School of Pharmacy
University of Pittsburgh
716 Salk Hall
3501 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-8546
E-mail: yu...@pitt.edu

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient please inform the
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take
any action in reliance on its contents:

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff
in England and Scotland
NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information
with NHSmail and GSi recipients
NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be
accessed anywhere
For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit
www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail

  • [NMu... YUG10
    • ... Kevin Dykstra
      • ... Nick Holford
      • ... Armel.Stockis
        • ... Stephen Duffull
      • ... Kevin Dykstra
        • ... Ken Kowalski
    • ... Ken Kowalski
    • ... Standing Joseph (GREAT ORMOND STREET HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN NHS TRUST)