Dear Pascal,

What you observed is related to “speed” of estimation. With a larger dataset
(many dummies) you slow down the estimation. Roughly similar to using the
SLOW command in $EST. With an estimation that has difficulties to converge
you see a difference in EBEs and other parameters. We saw the same when we
compared runs on installations with different CPU speed.

My recommendation: do not restart with $MSFI but run from non-optimised
initial estimates as you did with the original data set. Anyway, the
differences you saw are probably within the range you would also find if you
did a bootstrap.

Good luck,

Joachim

Joachim Grevel, PhD

Scientific Director

BAST Inc Limited

Loughborough Innovation Centre

Charnwood Building

Holywell Park, Ashby Road

Loughborough, LE11 3AQ

Tel: +44 (0)1509 222908

Confidentiality Notice: This message is private and may contain confidential
and proprietary information. If you have received this message in error,
please notify us and remove it from your system and note that you must not
copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. Any unauthorized use
or disclosure of the contents of this message is not permitted and may be
unlawful.