Hi Bill and Bob,

Bill -  I tried the method psn clean=4 you provided. It worked very well.
The size of the sub-directories is now cut by more than 90%, even though I
still cannot completely get rid of all the sub-directories. The
sub-directory after psn contains only a few plain text files around several
kb. On the other hand, to do troubleshooting, I can simply re-run the
models without a psn clean augment. An lst file and an output table file
provide sufficient information to me most of the time. I really appreciate
your offering the psn solution.

Bob - Thank you for providing the batch script solution.  I haven't tried
that due to my lack of knowledge of batch scripting at this point. Anyway,
it may be too much and unrealistic to add that feature to NONMEM in the
near future, but using a built-in NONMEM script to suppress sub-directories
seems really appealing in the long run.

Thank you all for your help.

Mark