Hi Patricia,
If the stopping of pump is an artifact and you are interested in getting
parent-metabolite parameters without bias, I would approach in a progressive
manner:
1. I would model parent IV data alone with an eta on Duration and then fix
duration parameter with EBE (for doses that have this problem).
2. I would combine parent IV and oral data with fixed EBE of duration  to see
if other parameters are comparable  to explain combined data. You may need to
have oral bioavailability here.
3. I would extend the model to include metabolite compartments and estimate all
parameters with duration of EBEs continued to be fixed.
4. Your current model may also be tried with fixed duration EBEs for VPC. You
may get similar model from steps 1-3 but given complex model going on , I would
check in different ways to be confident.

I also welcome comments/suggestions from the experts on this approach.

Regards,
Ayyappa

> [...]
> K24=Q4/V2
> K42=Q4/V4
> K56=Q6/V5
> K65=Q6/V6
> K57=Q7/V5
> K75=Q7/V7
> K50=CL2/V5
>
> $DES
> C2=A(2)/S2
> C5=A(5)/S5
>
> DADT(1) = - KA*A(1)
> DADT(2) = - K23*A(2) + K32*A(3) - K24*A(2) + K42*A(4)
> -((1-FMET)*((CL1/V2)*A(2))) - (FMET*((CL1/V2)*A(2)))
> DADT(3) =   K23*A(2) - K32*A(3)
> DADT(4) =   K24*A(2) - K42*A(4)
> DADT(5) =   KA*A(1) + (FMET*((CL1/V2)*A(2))) - K50*A(5) - K56*A(5) + K65*A(6)
> - K57*A(5) + K75*A(7)
> DADT(6) =   K56*A(5) - K65*A(6)
> DADT(7) =   K57*A(5) - K75*A(7)
>
> $ERROR
> IPRED=-5
> IF(F.GT.0) THEN
> IPRED=LOG(F)
> ENDIF
>
> IF(STRAT1.EQ.1) THEN ; PRNT after 2 hour infusion
> W=SQRT(THETA(15)**2)
> Y = (IPRED + W*EPS(1))
> ENDIF
> IF(STRAT1.EQ.2) THEN ; METB after 2 hour infusion
> W=SQRT(THETA(16)**2)
> Y = (IPRED + W*EPS(2))
> ENDIF
> IF(STRAT1.EQ.3) THEN; PRNT after 48 hour infusion
> W=SQRT(THETA(17)**2)
> Y = (IPRED + W*EPS(3))
> ENDIF
> IF(STRAT1.EQ.4) THEN; METB after 48 hour infusion
> W=SQRT(THETA(18)**2)
> Y = (IPRED + W*EPS(4))
> ENDIF
> IF(STRAT1.EQ.5) THEN; METB after oral administration
> W=SQRT(THETA(19)**2)
> Y = (IPRED + W*EPS(5))
> ENDIF
>
> IRES = DV-IPRED
> DEL=0
> IF(W.EQ.0) DEL=0.0001
> IWRES = (IRES/(W+DEL))
>
>> On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 14:55:02 -0500
>>  Ayyappa Chaturvedula <ayyapp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Patricia,
>> What is the purpose of your modeling exercise? I am not sure your scenario
>> could be assigned to any particular distribution. If you intend to simulate
>> population from the model, then your assumptions would not be reasonable. If
>> you have rich data, you may try individual modeling approach to estimate
>> duration and fix in population model. Regards,
>> Ayyappa
>>> Similar to Leonid's solution, you can try using an exponential distribution:
>>> D1 = DUR*(1-EXP(-EXP(ETA(1))))
>>> The exponential within an exponential gives left skew and ensures that D1 ≤
>>> DUR.
>>> For subjects who you know had an incomplete infusion duration, I would add
>>> an indicator variable (1 if incomplete, 0 if full duration) so that the
>>> subjects with complete duration have the known complete duration.
>>> D1 = DUR*(1 - Incomplete*EXP(-EXP(ETA(1))))
>>> Thanks,