Thanks to Lance,Blair, Trish, and Kevin for your responses.  I tried
Trish's approach with the transfers.  It helped, but then created a
new negative balance in my credit card account (which really is 0).  I
appreciate Lance's comments but they really don't apply as I never use
the download feature (I did once, but found that I wanted to go
through each item anyway and check for duplicates and/or change the
name to a more friendly payee title; also, the downloads came in all
caps, which I didn't like, but that's just a stylistic thing and I'm
pretty sure MW has no control over that.)

I tried editing the money flows, as Kevin suggested.  However, when I
deleted an item in one bucket it simply added that amount to my salary
bucket, from which it originally came.

To be honest, I'm feeling overwhelmed.  I'm really unclear how it is
even possible to have more money in buckets than in accounts.  That
seems to be antithetical to the very core of MoneyWell.  However, it
may just underscore the fact that understanding the intricacies of
finances has never been easy for me.  That is why I love MoneyWell.
The simplicity and the power of the application makes for a great tool
for me.

So now I am just wondering about starting over.  If I did that I would
like to start at Jan. 1 as I have 26 transactions in a bucket I use
for my business (a sole proprietary business), so I'd like to have
that for 2009 tax information.  Is there a way that I can archive my
current data and start anew?

Thanks,

dan