I'm a new user whose spent several hours with the tutorials, help
files, FAQ, and setting everything up, but I still don't quite seem to
get it.

I've made several income buckets because I have several sources of
income and I'd like to track each in the future as new money comes in.
At the same time, since I'm starting out and don't yet have new
deposits to put into my income buckets yet, I have the total amount of
money of my starting balances in my combined bank accounts that I've
put into an odd income bucket that I called "Initial Dough" that I
want now to flow into my expense buckets according to my spending
plan, which I've created. To do that, I assume that I click on the
Allocate Income button. But doing that just opens the allocate Income
dialogue box, which has a button to "Save Allocation," but no button
to flow the allocation to my expense buckets, as I'd expect. I don't
get this. Shouldn't I be able to automatically flow the money out of
my income bucket to all the expense buckets as I indicated in my
spending plan?

I know from the tutorial that I can drag the income bucket over each
expense bucket one at a time, but why would I want to do that? Too
much work. Shouldn't this process be combined and automated in one
step with the higher priority buckets getting more money and the lower
priority buckets getting less?

What don't I get?

Thanks.