It's not so much a V8 bug, but an unfortunate feature of JavaScript itself.
 Crockford would call this one of the "bad parts".  parseInt() tries to be
clever and guess the radix if you don't give it one.  Numbers starting with
"0" are assumed to be octal (unless it starts with "0x" of course).

While it's annoying, it's a good idea to always specify the radix (the
second argument to parseInt) when parsing numbers and you know the
radix. This is why jslint yells at you if you leave this "optional"
argument off.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/parseInt