I use parseInt and always specify the radix. The Number constructor used as
a cast does something totally different. Neither will always do what you
want. But if you're looking for an integer from a string, and you don't
even control it enough to be sure it doesn't have a "0" at the beginning,
parseInt with a radix of 10 is 99% what you want.

:Marco