LOL I know the feeling, my servers just got an "Upgrade" to 2k8 R2 64 from
2k3 R2 64.  BIG difference especially from the admin side of things.
 Actually has been a painful migration for me as learning all the changes
from 2k3 to 2k8 was painful (we are a MS shop for the most part so I have
to "utilize" IIS's built in FTP and SSH :()

I'm assuming these are bare metal boxes and not VM's?  Are they also
dedicated and do you have Admin rights?  If so, you might try running a few
of the admin tools like Memory Diagnostic, running your app in PowerShell
and see if that helps (would point out if this is a STDOUT issue or not),
also try running Resource Monitor and monitoring your node.exe's running
with history enabled.  You might start to see a pattern.

Sorry I don't have a silver bullet here, but am more than willing to help
pop off ideas.

 - Jeremy