On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Alexey Petrushin <
alexey.petrus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Basically to do so we need:
> - an ordered b-tree, supporting sequential access and range queries
> - non-blocking persistence (preserving db integrity in crush case)
> - integrity of indexes (indexes also stored in b-tree, so, we basically
> need some sort of transactions for storing documents in multiple b-tree)
> - garbage collection for indexes
> - and, it would be nice to have lazy loading
>
> Sadly, I have no idea how to do such things in Node.JS :)

What you're looking for are fingertrees [1]. They're badass. I have an
implementation nearly complete in javascript (still have to figure out how
to do the split function properly). I'll toss it up on github when I get a
chance.

[1]
http://blip.tv/clojure/chris-houser-finger-trees-custom-persistent-collections-4632874