Well, technically Stripe IS a payment gateway, so when they say "you
don't need one" they just mean you don't need another one besides them
(or whoever they partnered with).

It's nice that they have a fancy AJAXy payment submission process,
though, and that they publish their rate (it's higher than the rate I
got last time I got a merchant account, though).

Cheers,

Dobes