Then .then method takes two arguments a callback, and errback. Right now
you are not handling the error condition, so Im not sure that an error isnt
being thrown. try adding a second method to the .then that handles an error.

.then(function(object){

        if(object){

            util.log('OBJECT : ' + object['macAddress']);

        } else {

            util.log('This message doesn\'t exist for ' + macAddress + '
> device');

>             response.writeHeader(404, {

                'Content-Type': 'text/xml'

            });