what is our goal here?

this is all fascinating but rather than call out the warts in the language and
say people should avoid them we should be trying to make node not break or
behave in an unexpected way for people that don't know the language as well as
we do.

node is not for javascript experts, it's for people that may be learning
javascript, and we should avoid unexpected behavior.

do we want to spend our time teaching people the cracks and crevices of
JavaScript so they can use node or do we want to just make it work the way
they'll expect?

-Mikeal