Hi José

Transforming *every* construct of Javascript is exactly what streamline.js
does. Here is a typical piece of code:

function mongoSearch(_, q) {
    var t0 = new Date();
    var db = new mongodb.Db('tutorial', new mongodb.Server("127.0.0.1", 27017,
{}));
    db.open(_);
    try {
        var coln = db.collection('movies', _);
        if (coln.count(_) === 0) coln.insert(MOVIES, _);
        var re = new RegExp(".*" + q + ".*");
        return coln.find({
            $or: [{
                title: re
            }, {
                director: re
            }]
        }, _).toArray(_).map(function(movie) {
            return movie.title + ': ' + movie.director;
        }).join('<br/>') + '<br/>completed in ' + (new Date() - t0) + ' ms';;
    } finally {
        db.close();
    }}

It contains 6 asynchrounous calls to the mongodb API: db.open,
db.collection, coln.count, coln.insert, coln.find and toArray mixed with
standard javascript constructs: if, return, chaining (a(_).b()), even
try/finally.

There is a lot of talking with lots of opinions on this topic, but not
enough facts. I think that a bench with a realistic application use case
would bring clarity to the debate.

Bruno