No one, because no one was able to do it. It's somewhat a trick question,
because the ultimate solution requires a major modification to how node
apps and npm handle third party module dependencies. At least we got a few
decent OSS projects out of that thread.

I'd also say the level of technical detail specified was high and the
amount of currency involved was low. I do recall a heated Hacker News
debate about the post, but who cares if people read this mailing list.

:-)