I would recommend using Twit (or something similar, I'm not well-versed on
Node.js Twitter APIs) - it's an API client, not a frontend like you're
talking about. Especially if you intend this to be a community project,
it's best to reuse good code others have produced. Since it's open source,
if you don't like something about Twit, you can change it :)

Good luck!

Joshua Gross
Christian / SpanDeX, Inc. / BA of Computer Science, UW-Madison 2013
414-377-1041 / http://www.joshisgross.com / http://www.spandex.io