Having similar issue to what Nico is seeing...

(a not very helpful picture follows):
the blue is RSS growing to fill up available memory, while the tiny pink
and red lines are the heapTotal and heapUsed, which stays bounded (around
20-25 MB heap total in my case), data from 0.8.8 (haven't tried 0.8.9 yet)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/106160293361349494652/albums/5787976828393231153/5787976827897869394

the common thread for me with Nico is that connections are constantly
created and destroyed. I've seen this behavior both using https connections
and then using only tls connections.