> Childish and amateurish were not my words in the first place, they were
> Crockford's. And, although there may have been a bit of provocation in my
> post, I think that the problem is real (otherwise, why would Crockford use
> these words?).

No, childish is your word, and so is unprofessional, which you alude to
again in your response. Don't hide behind Crockford just because he also
used them. He's not here.

The node community IS sometimes unprofessional. Because we don't really buy
the old school idea of why being "professional" is supposed to be so great.
If you want to work with people, you deal with real people. Not rigid,
restrained approximations of real people. You can make the argument that
the underlying irreverence is in some way hampering node adoption. That's
debatable I think. But what you fail to realize is that even if it were
true to a certain extent, we simply do not care. There are things we're
willing to compromise on to push node to the top, and some things we are
not. Nuno Job is is part of 2 successful node businesses (Nodejitsu, The
Node Firm), and he manages to do it while still being funny. Oh mah gawd,
how is that possible?! The community has chosen to be genuine instead of
"professional". You can disagree, but I'm afraid your protests fall on deaf
ears there. We all get enough of being professional at our day jobs.

> My expectation would have been that the topic be discussed at the
> technical, professional level between the different people involved. Did
> this ever happen? Did any member of the core team ever show any interest in
> what Jorge had produced?

This is happening right now. In this thread. Ben is a core member and he's
being very receptive and offering lots of info in return. Bradley Meck is
also very active and expressed his appreciation for TAGG in the right
context. And it has happened in other threads as well. I'm not sure what
you think this is supposed to look like. Your beef seems to be that the
core team isn't over the moon about the way TAGG approaches the problem.
Again, they have opinions about what they want threading support in node to
look like. If you want to influence those opinions, you should engage more
often, with more data, and in better faith. But you should be prepared for
some obstinance because first class threaded programming is not something
the community at large is clamoring for. It doesn't fit with the current
vision of node. So you'll be fighting to change the vision. That is no
small thing and I'm not sure why you think it should be easy.

> There should be a way to discuss issues like threads without going into
> sarcasms and personal things.

There probably is. I don't think you've found it yet, and you may not find
it here. People here are not a huge fan of threads, and we're doing awesome
without them.

We may be swayed with some cajoling though. But you are terrible at
cajoling. Just terrible. Get your cajoling skills up. <-- This is me having
a little fun with you. You could practice reading it and not going into
apoplectic fits.

> This feature (being able to do CPU intensive stuff in JS) may not hit the
> sweet spot of node, which is I/O intensive apps. But it does not hurt node
> either; it enables something that was impossible (or much harder) to do
> before, and it does it with a design which is aligned with node's
> principles (computations being treated just like async operations). So why
> bash it?

You've heard the reasons why. You just don't like them. And you also seem
to be misunderstanding what node's principles are.

:Marco