A word about saving debugging time through statical typing: I come from
java, and i can tell, that the strongly typed environment never reduced the
debugging effort for me. 'use strict'-pragma, inclusive existence checking
and unit-test save me from debugging not statical types. in comparison with
java i save much development time with js.

plus: maintainability is a two headed beast, and it comes first through a
clean code und documentation, it don't really matters which language it is.

Typescript sounds more like a me2 to me, nothing more. i wonder if it will
be there in 1-3 years or even leave the .net ecosystem.